INSTRUCT WITH SUNBURY SHORES
At Sunbury Shores Arts & Nature Centre, we are seeking emerging and established artists, scientists and naturalists with a passion for instructing in hands-on, intimate environments. We are a multi-dimensional institution, uniquely situated as a centre for excellence in arts & nature education but also as an open and accessible community centre. With over 50 years of offering community-based arts & nature programming, Sunbury Shores is committed to offering high-quality experiences for all ages and skill levels.
What are some benefits of instructing at Sunbury Shores?
- We offer small class sizes, on average between 8 and 12, which means more meaningful one-on-one time with students.
- Enjoy newly renovated, state-of-the-art facilities, including our non-toxic printmaking studio, new metalsmithing studio, pottery studio, multi-purpose studio, and arts & nature library.
- Sunbury Shores has a strong print & digital marketing plan to promote our courses and gain exposure for our instructors.
- We have a rich history of renowned instructors who have worked with us, and exciting names to come: Tom & William Forrestall, Fred Ross, Brigitte Clavette, Ann Manuel, Molly Lamb Bobak, Tom Smith, Kristyn Cooper, Jay Dampf, Peter Thomas, Michael Chesley Johnson, Maja Padrov, Melissa LeBlanc, Susan Lapides, and more.
- During the summer, instructors can apply to have work for sale in our Harbour View Gallery, which enjoys light from large windows overlooking the bay.
- As a Sunbury Shores instructor, you join an open, supportive community of exceptional artists, scientists and naturalists in the beautiful St. Andrews-by-the-Sea, where art and nature collide.
- Feel the love: we welcome our instructors with open arms and celebrate their talent and expertise!
Get your instructor application in!
If you are interested in instructing at Sunbury Shores, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 506.529.3386.
Course Proposal Form here: Instructor Course Proposal Form 2018
Please also provide an artist CV and brief bio.
Located on the basement level, the pottery studio is equipped with two large electric kilns, four wheels, a good range and supply of chemicals and compounds for glazes, a range of moulds, an extruder, and a small clay press.
Our printshop is a newly renovated facility on the second floor overlooking the St. Andrews Harbour. It is a well-equipped non-toxic facility with two Intaglio Presses and a Lithographic Press with lithographic stones. A range of inks, rollers, papers, and non-toxic etching solvents are stocked.
The centre has a large, bright second floor studio that serves as a multi-purpose space appropriate for painting, life drawing, and photography workshops. There are easels, grinders, and a variety of objects available for use.
JEWELLERY & METAL STUDIO
A newly created metal studio now exists adjacent to the pottery studio. This space is equipped with workbench space for 8, an assortment of tools, a small kiln, torches, and a metal press.