INSTRUCT WITH SUNBURY SHORES
At Sunbury Shores Arts & Nature Centre, we are seeking emerging and established artists, scientists and naturalists with a passion for instructing in hands-on, intimate environments. We are a multi-dimensional institution, uniquely situated as a centre for excellence in arts & nature education but also as an open and accessible community centre. With over 50 years of offering community-based arts & nature programming, Sunbury Shores is committed to offering high-quality experiences for all ages and skill levels.
What are some benefits of instructing at Sunbury Shores?
- We offer small class sizes, on average between 8 and 12, which means more meaningful one-on-one time with students.
- Enjoy newly renovated, state-of-the-art facilities, including our non-toxic printmaking studio, new metalsmithing studio, pottery studio, multi-purpose studio, and arts & nature library.
- Sunbury Shores has a strong print & digital marketing plan to promote our courses and gain exposure for our instructors.
- We have a rich history of renowned instructors who have worked with us, and exciting names to come: Tom & William Forrestall, Fred Ross, Brigitte Clavette, Ann Manuel, Molly Lamb Bobak, Tom Smith, Kristyn Cooper, Jay Dampf, Peter Thomas, Michael Chesley Johnson, Maja Padrov, Melissa LeBlanc, Susan Lapides, and more.
- During the summer, instructors can apply to have work for sale in our Harbour View Gallery, which enjoys light from large windows overlooking the bay.
- As a Sunbury Shores instructor, you join an open, supportive community of exceptional artists, scientists and naturalists in the beautiful St. Andrews-by-the-Sea, where art and nature collide.
- Feel the love: we welcome our instructors with open arms and celebrate their talent and expertise!
Get your instructor application in!
If you are interested in instructing at Sunbury Shores, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 506.529.3386.
Located on the basement level, the pottery studio is equipped with two large electric kilns, four wheels, a good range and supply of chemicals and compounds for glazes, a range of moulds, an extruder, and a small clay press.
Our printshop is a newly renovated facility on the second floor overlooking the St. Andrews Harbour. It is a well-equipped non-toxic facility with two Intaglio Presses and a Lithographic Press with lithographic stones. A range of inks, rollers, papers, and non-toxic etching solvents are stocked.
The centre has a large, bright second floor studio that serves as a multi-purpose space appropriate for painting, life drawing, and photography workshops. There are easels, grinders, and a variety of objects available for use.
JEWELLERY & METAL STUDIO
A newly created metal studio now exists adjacent to the pottery studio. This space is equipped with workbench space for 8, an assortment of tools, a small kiln, torches, and a metal press.