Title: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Terms of Employment: 30 hrs/week for 26 weeks (6 months)
Start Date: February 26, 2018
Location: Saint Andrews, New Brunswick
Deadline for Application: February 9, 2018
Sunbury Shores Arts & Nature Centre (SSANC) is looking to hire a professional, creative and driven Marketing & Communications Coordinator under the New Brunswick Youth Employment Program. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be an active member of the Sunbury Shores team in assisting with developing and implementing marketing strategies. This position will enable you to develop a variety of marketing and communication skills as well as receive mentorship from a professional marketing agency.
Sunbury Shores Arts & Nature Centre is a non-profit and membership-based charitable organization with the following mission: As an enduring, vibrant cultural leader, we enrich lives by championing the values of art and nature through diverse creative experiences. Through innovative programming for children and adults, professional instruction and exhibitions, and world-class facilities, SSNAC has been a focal point and driver of arts, culture and development of the St. Andrews and surrounding Charlotte County communities since its inception in 1964. For more information, please visit sunburyshores.org.
General tasks will include:
- Maintain, update and enhance engagement with SSANC website and social media pages (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, WordPress website)
- Work to build the SSANC’s network and outreach to schools, community cultural centres, art galleries, and other like-minded organizations
- Contact past and current students about upcoming course and event information
- Research opportunities for growth regarding marketing and communications
- Interface with marketing agencies and marketing partners to implement 2018 Marketing Plan
- Assist with promotion of 2018 courses and events, including a large art auction fundraiser
- Conduct interviews with visiting artists and instructors
- Design digital and print promotional materials when needed
- Assist Executive Director in developing off-season experiential tourism packages
- Assist with creation of e-newsletters and direct email marketing
- Assist with events and courses when needed – some evenings and weekends required
- Document courses and events as needed
- Must be comfortable communicating with people via phone and social media
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Highly organized and proactive
- Microsoft Office Suite and ease with computers required
- Experience with social media platforms and customer service an asset
- Experience with WordPress an asset
- Graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite an asset
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills required
- Comfortable working independently and as a team
- Interest in arts & nature an asset
For more information on the Sunbury Shores Arts & Nature Centre, please visit sunburyshores.org or call 506.529.3386.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include ‘Marketing & Communications Coordinator’ in the subject line.
Youth Employment Program Requirements:
- Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- Must be unemployed, underemployed1 or working less than 15 hours per week.
- Must be a resident of New Brunswick.
- The individual must have an employment action plan and be referred by an employment counsellor / case manager from one of the following: o Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour o Social Development o Employment Assistance Services organizations o Aboriginal organizations o Public Safety o Office of Human Resources (Equal Opportunity Program)
- Individuals must be between 18-29 (at least 18 years old but less than 30 years old at the time of application).
- Must not be a full-time student.
- Have not previously participated in a YEF placement.
For more information on the Youth Employment Program, please visit: www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/services/services_renderer.201375.Youth_Employment_Fund.html