Sunbury Shores Arts & Nature Centre is searching for a new Executive Director.
139 Water Street, Saint Andrews, [Get directions]
To apply, email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Telephone: (506) 506-529-3557
Job Title: Executive Director
Sunbury Shores Arts and Nature Centre, Saint Andrews, New Brunswick, seeks an Executive Director to oversee the promotion, revenue generation and networking with artists and studios across Canada and internationally in support of its ongoing development of its activities (www.sunburyshores.org).
The Executive Director is responsible for:
- Development and delivery of innovative programming for Arts and Nature,
- Short and long term business planning to ensure financial sustainability and to increase revenue generation,
- Reporting to the Board on progress against planned objectives, including the success of the Centre’s programming and activities, and feedback from Centre stakeholders, and
- Management of all aspects of day-to-day operations including supervision of staff and working with Board Committees.
Applicants should indicate how many of the following they meet directly or have equivalent experience/education in:
- A University degree in business management, fine/visual arts, or other specialty related to effective management of a not-for-profit arts and nature centre.
- Several years of experience in managing and directing the operations of an arts/nature organization or equivalent not-for-profit revenue-reliant organization.
- Experience in arts and nature related programming, including planning and delivery of gallery exhibitions
- Experience in developing and maintaining partnerships that optimise student enrolment
- Experience in developing and overseeing an arts residency program,
- Knowledge of private and public sector assistance programs for the arts, and experience in grant applications,
- Experience in financial planning, budget management, financial statements and financial reporting requirements (regulatory and grant-based reporting).
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, communication (including written, oral and visual media) and organizational skills (by examples or via References).
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, with changing roles and requirements
- Fluency and grammatical excellence in spoken and written English.
- Spoken and written French is an asset.
Download pdf document here: Sunbury Shores ED job ad Nov 2018