“Fostering art and nature relationships in an inclusive environment.”
Please send a letter expressing your interest and detailing why you would be a good candidate for our Board, to Angela McLean, Executive Director, by Sept.25, email@example.com, 139 Water St., Saint Andrews, NB E5B 1A7
Sunbury Shores Arts and Nature Centre Inc. is accepting expressions of interest for membership on our Board of Directors. Our volunteer Board steers the Centre, ensuring adequate resources to advance the SSANC mission through sound governance and financial management policies. More than ever, our organization and constituents realize the importance of art and nature for our collective well-being. We are seeking like-minded individuals to help lead our organization through these uncharted waters.
Are you interested in:
- Being a member of a collegial body committed to the advancement of “arts in nature, and nature in art”?
- Providing technical and professional input, advice and guidance to the Board, such as financial, legal, donor relations, forward-thinking strategy development, governance, asset management?
- Raising the profile of SSANC and building relationships with stakeholders, including major donors?
Do you have:
- A passion for our mission and an understanding of our community and/or the NB arts community?
- Previous Board governance experience?
- Successful core fund-raising experience?
- Financial and/or risk management experience or expertise?
- An open mind and ability to work responsibly and cooperatively on a team with many differing viewpoints?
- Availability to meet at regular intervals throughout the year?
- Willingness to participate in Committee activities and attend sub-Committee meetings?
- If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a letter expressing your interest and detailing why you would be a good candidate for our Board, to Angela McLean, Executive Director, by Sept.25, firstname.lastname@example.org, 139 Water St., Saint Andrews, NB E5B 1A7
More about SSANC
Sunbury Shores Arts and Nature Centre Inc. is a not-for-profit registered charity, founded in 1964 to create real opportunities for people to appreciate the connection between art and nature. Our 130-year-old building, located in the heart of St. Andrews, is recently renovated and offers world-class facilities of over 6,000 square feet: two galleries for exhibitions, studios for painting, drawing, printmaking, jewellery & metalsmith, pottery/ceramics and other art and nature programs.
The centre is open year-round and offers programs to support the local community, the region’s schools, visitors, and established and emerging artists from across Canada and the Eastern US seaboard. Outreach programs throughout the County also engage children who might otherwise not have an opportunity, to engage in art-related activities. The worldwide challenges of recent years have brought to light the opportunity for us to think about our services in a new way and, as a result, our programming has expanded in order to provide specific support to other vulnerable persons in our community, artists and art enthusiasts – using new technologies and methodologies.